Wednesday 20 February 2013

Reflecting on Germany


          The past week’s country study focuses on Germany.  Compared to all the previous country studies I think Germany has been my favorite.   My previous ideas about Germany had been heavly tainted by Hitler and the holocost. I have always thought of Germany as being a corrupt place.  I was astonished to discover that Germany is now one of the major powers in the European Union and their economy is booming.  After attending lecture, seminar and doing research for midterm 1, I don’t forsee Germany ever falling into the hands of an evil dictator again because of the measures the FRG has implemented to prevent it. This should put the fears of the German people at ease.  Plus their executive is a lady, definitely someone for us ladies to aspire to.

No comments:

Post a Comment